Thursday, October 22, 2009

Motorcycles

I've owned a few motorcycles in my life...


This is my current ride. It is fun. Not my favorite of all time, but fun. Scary fast.



The 1998 V11 EV was definitely one of my favorite bikes of all time. There is nothing like a Moto Guzzi. This is a torque beast. I would definitely like to have another one of these. Unfortunately this one got hit by a car out on the 50. It got torn up pretty good (so did I).



I had a '74 Harley Sprint. It was my first motorcycle. It looked much like the one in the photo above except mine had flames on the tank! This was a piece of shit. If not for this experience with this particular bike, who knows; I may have wound up a Harley guy. But after this, I never owned another Harley.




This 250 CC Bombardier (found online) does not do justice to the Can Am Bombardier that I owned back in the early '80's. Mine was in excellent condition. Yellow. 400 CC's. Some time I will blog about the time I rode it into my apartment while alluding the police during a minor police chase one night in Sacramento...

As a footnote, Can Am is a Canadian manufacturer and they make 4 runner type vehicles as well as those cool looking 3 wheel motor cycles that you see around now and then. In fact, they call one of those the Bombardier.




This is very close to what my Yamaha looked like. I believe that the one pictured is a 175. Mine was a 200. What a blast this bike was. I have a hilarious police chase story for this bike too. Another time...

This is all of them , except for 2 Suzuki's. I will do another post about them another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment